It is challenging to plant in areas where there are slopes in the landscapes. These soils always tend to wash away with rain water and spoil the growth of plants. Suppose it is a dry area, the scorching sun and the wind, create a difficult environment with cracked soil for the plants to grow. Concrete retaining walls provide solutions to all these problems. It provides a strong hold to the soil, it effectively manages water running flow or speed, provides a good bedding to the plants in the soil and many more. It serves as a center of attention in every place it is built. It makes people have a second turn to look at it to admire if it is set up prettily.
The materials used to build these retaining walls are withering natural stones or interlocking concrete blocks. Both of them are very sturdy and provide a lifetime support to the soil and its plants. Nowadays various other materials are also used for commercial reasons which are also equally strong like wood, cut rocks, tires and many more. One has to carefully engineer in the construction of walls with these commercial materials used in styling. Regardless of the materials used, these walls create a good terrace for the soil and plants. Proper drainage must be installed in these walls for a longer life span. If natural stones or concrete blocks are used, construction equipments and heavy tools are used to create the walls.
List of Benefits from Landscape retaining walls
- Concrete retaining walls help to keep the soil in its place. Heavy rains tend to wash away the soil and hence the plants resulting in hill slides if it is a sloppy region.
- It prevents sink holes.
- It eliminates eye sore of dirt piles.
- It prevents flooding.
- It reduces maintenance of the area it is built.
- It prevents soil erosion.
- It prevents damage to the surrounding structures and the property.
- It serves as an aesthetically satisfying element and a design functions. It is a decorative element in the yard of a home adding a special feature to your place.
- It enhances the value of one’s home. It is a great enhancement to your property and gives a unique and distinctive look and appeal to your place.
- It can be used as a patio setting.
- It can be used as a backdrop to hold planters.
- It keeps the area cool for the cool soil it holds and provides a shade for the sunlight and wind.
- It gives a functional space to the yard.
- It acts as an effective flood control system.
- Draining pipes and channels can be installed as a part of the construction for good water control. It acts as a drainage system as a part of the wall structure.
- It helps to soak the water into the soil instead of running off the ground it is meant or required for plant growth.